With countless refurbishment and upgrade projects under our belt, we have the experience and expertise required to be our customers’ preferred provider of engineering, project planning and electric and technological installation services. As a full-service provider, we handle everything to do with system integration and technical solutions, and we also take on a coordinating role in managing all subcontractors providing electric, automation, telecommunication and ICT services.
We have honed our skills to register key details as we board the ship — meaning our customers do not have to know the minutiae of every system-related detail before the project begins.
Examples of refurbishment projects we handle:
- Full and partial refurbishment of ships in traffic and full renovations of passenger ships
- Conversion from conventional diesel fuel operation to more environmentally-friendly hybrid options, running on LNG and battery power
- Conversion from supply ships to service vessels in the aquaculture industry
- Conversions from wellboat to delousing vessel
- Bridge refurbishments, including NavCom systems
Finding potential for improvement and the best solutions
We always begin a project by mapping out the ship in collaboration with the customer, gaining an overview of what the project in practice will entail.
This allows us to:
- provide the customer with a better final product, because we are able to identify the best system solutions for the customer’s functional and technical requirements
- find the best method for integrating the new systems with the ship’s existing systems in terms of performance and functionality
- ensure that all systems are taken into account and working optimally, as a whole
Rigged to our very core for refurbishment
We assume full responsibility for both the delivery of all of the project’s electric and IT services, and ensure that the shipyards and ship owners get a final product of the highest quality. This is a claim we are proud to make, and it is not simply based on our many years of experience, but also on our organization, which at its core, is rigged for refurbishment — with a wide range of specialist expertise.
Challenges will arise — and we will handle them
If our extensive experience has taught us anything, it’s that challenges will arise. Many different people and organizations are connecting to one electric installation, and something unexpected always happens. But we also know that we will resolve it, whatever it is. That’s what our team has always done — since day one.
Our team at Elpro is interdisciplinary, with different divisions for project management, planning, installation, commissioning and service. Whether their field is computers, engineering systems or navigation, everyone — from fitters to senior managers — has a niche, a unique area of expertise.
Our collective expertise and experience give us a unique understanding of what the work and logistics involved in refurbishing a ship entails.
Total service provider to shipyards
For many years now, we have built a close relationship with our neighbour, Fosen Yard, who we have collaborated with on countless conversion projects. This collaboration means we have extensive experience with working closely and constructively with shipyards on conversion projects, both here in Norway and abroad.
With Elpro as your total service provider of electric services, you get a partner who ensures that all systems, facilities and installations, from multiple providers, work seamlessly together — while maintaining compliance with every relevant regulation.
Experienced total service provider of electric and automation services
Are you looking for a partner who can elevate your conversion project? Contact us today!